Burnbrae Farms members ratify
- Wages increase $1.05 over the first three years of the contract and all wages and classifications will receive a lump sum payment of $300 at date of ratification.
- In the fourth year of the agreement, the employer will pay 100% of benefit costs, up from 50%.
- Members working between the hours of 1 p.m. and 11 p.m. will receive a shift premium of 55 cents per hour while those working between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. will receive an extra 70 cents per hour.
- Improved language strengthens restrictions on non-bargaining unit employees.
- Workers will benefit from an improved grievance procedure as well as language that mandates steward representation in a disciplinary situation.
- Improved Health & Safety language ensures the employer will provide proper protective equipment to all employees.
- Members will no longer need to attend the Doctor of the employer’s choice when providing medical exams.
- The employer will contribute $2,000 per contract year to the UFCW Training & Education Fund.
Union Negotiating Committee: David O’Brien, Kelly Farwell, Vijay Gosein, Ernest Takyi, Union Representative John Di Falco and Central East Regional Director Kelly Tosato.