New contract for members at CFB North Bay
On January 19, 2010, the 30 members of Local 175 working at the Canadian Forces Base (CFB) in North Bay achieved a new three-year collective agreement that includes annual wage increases and other improvements.
- Wages increase by a total of 7 per cent over the term of the contract with minimum wage adjustments in pay bands 1, 2 and 3.
- Both full and part-time members benefit from improved vacation entitlement of 12 per cent after 28 years of service.
- Part-time workers now receive Statutory holiday pay calculated on each pay, based on gross income.
- The annual show allowance increases to $75.
- Members receive five paid days per year for family related leave and part-time workers receive one paid day for birth/adoption leave.
- Bereavement provisions are now five days paid leave for the death of an immediate family member.
- Improved language addresses Military leave for reservists.
Union Negotiating Committee: Reine Beliveau, Linda Martin, Todd Proulx and Union Rep Dave White.