Coca-Cola workers vote
- Workers receive wage increases totaling $1.11 per hour over the contract term.
- Company contributions to the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP) are $1.05 per hour to the fund plus another 40 cents per hour to the CCWIPP Stabilization Fund effective December 1, 2009.
- Family Day is now included as a paid holiday for a total of 13 statutory holidays listed in the -agreement.
- Workers benefit from a reduced amount of time required to reach the next level of vacation entitlement.
- All regular full-time employees receive an annual safety boot allowance of $160 and casual employees receive $90 per year.
- Members benefit from improved grievance procedure and language mandating steward representation in a disciplinary situation.
- Stewards will receive 15 minutes paid time to meet with each new employee.
- An enhanced severance package provides two week’s pay per year of service to a maximum of 72 weeks.
Union Negotiating Committee: Doug Kowal, Normand Lacroix, Serge Leblanc, John Stewart and Union Rep Daniel Mercier.