Scarborough Price Chopper members ratify new deal
- The part-time end rate increases by 75 cents per hour to reflect the new minimum wage as of March 31, 2010. For those employees above the wage grid, full-time will receive lump sum payments of $125 and part-time will receive $75, in January and July of each contract year, beginning with the date of ratification.
- Family Day has been added as a paid holiday.
- The company will direct a portion of its 65 cents per hour Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP) contribution to the CCWIPP Stabilization Fund.
- Dental contributions increase to 38 cents per hour over the course of the contract.
- The company will make one-time contributions of $250 to both the Local 175 Training & Education Fund and the UFCW Leukemia Fund.
Union Negotiating Committee: Frank Spinelli and Union Rep Angela Mattioli.