Workers at Hurley’s in Oshawa ratify
On April 16, 2010, members working at Hurley in Oshawa secured their new three-year agreement at a ratification vote. Members will benefit from the following improvements:
- Workers will receive wage increases of 20 cents in the first year of the agreement, 25 cents in the third year and 30 cents in the final year.
- Family Day is now considered a statutory holiday.
- The sunset clause reduces to 12 months, down from 18.
- The employer will now provide all necessary clothing for members who are assigned work outside.
- Lead Hand jobs will now be posted rather than assigned by the employer.
- Improvements on language were made regarding job vacancies.
- The employer will increase health and welfare contributions to $1.29 per hour by the final year of the contract and dental coverage increases to 59 cents per hour.
Negotiating Committee:Jeff Keller, John Lupel, Kirk McKee and Union Representative Mona Bailey.