Wage & pension improvements for Sterling Place workers
Thirty-two members working as health care providers at Sterling Place nursing home in Ottawa achieved a new three-year collective agreement on June 14, 2010.
- Wages increase by 2.6 per cent retroactive to October 1, 2008, another 2.6 per cent retroactive to Ocotber 1, 2009 and 2 per cent in October 2010.
- In addition, the 2nd tier of wages is now eliminated.
- The company will contribute 17 cents per hour toward the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP) Stabilization Fund in addition to its regular contributions to CCWIPP of 33 cents per hour.
- Workers may take up to one week of their vacation entitlement as individual days.
- New language addresses time limits for filing of arbitration and dues remittance.
Union Negotiating Committee: Remo Castelli, Cindy Leeman, Merima Uzarevic and Union Rep Simon Baker.