Access Alliance workers new deal
At a ratification meeting on July 14, 2010, members working at Access Alliance Multicultural Community Centre inToronto secured their new three-year collective agreement. Health care professionals and administrative staff will benefit from the following improvements:
- The number of Stewards in the workplace increases to four, up from 2.
- When vacancies are posted, the employer will now consider Relief and Project Staff prior to external applicants.
- Relief and Special Project staff now have the option to receive 6% vacation pay with no time off, or scheduled vacation time as per language in the collective agreement.
- Family Day is considered a holiday.
- Full-time employees working normal hours of work will receive $425 each year for staff development, up from $375.
Negotiating Committee: Helen De Oliveira, Gladys Klestorny, Mahbub Ur Rahman and Union Representative Angela Mattioli.