Parkway Parking workers have new contract in place
On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the bargaining unit members at Parkway Parking of Canada in Toronto, had the opportunity to vote on a new three-year negotiated settlement. Workers ratified the contract, which includes the following improvements:
- Wage increases totalling 10 per cent over the three-year term.
- Civic Holiday is now included as a paid holiday.
- Vacation entitlement improves to three weeks paid vacation for those with five years’ continuous service with the company, and to four weeks for those with 12 years’ service.
- Employer contributions to the workers’ benefit plan increase over the duration of the contract.
- Improved language eliminates management doing bargaining unit work.
- Other language improvements address job postings, hours of work and bereavement leave.
Union Negotiating Committee: Dawit Amleson, Seifu Asnake and Union Rep John DiFalco.