Quality Meats & Toronto Abattoir workers secure new deal
The ratified four-year contract includes the following negotiated improvements:
- Wages for all classifications increase by a total of $1.05 per hour over the term of the contract.
- Workers actively employed as of ratification receive a bonus of $550.
- The company will contribute 40 cents per hour to the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP) Stabilization Fund in addition to its regular plan contributions.
- Effective November 2011, vision care coverage improves to $190 with a subsequent increase to $200 in November 2012.
- The tool allowance for maintenance classifications 7 through 11 increases to $220 per year, up from $200, in January 2011.
- The maximum coverage for prescription dispensing fees increases to reach $9 by January 1, 2012.
- Improved language addresses bereavement leave.