Holiday Inn workers ratify
- End rate wages increase by 30 cents per hour retroactive to March 11, 2010 with subsequent increases of 30 cents per hour in the second year and 25 cents per hour in the third year.
- New vision care coverage provides reimbursement up to $250 per 24-month period for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Paid sick leave increases to six days per year, up from four.
- Bereavement leave entitlement increases to four days, up from three.
- Workers receive an additional float holiday and those workers with 14 years of service or more are entitled to five weeks paid vacation.
- The contract includes new Joint Health & Safety Committee language as well as provisions for two uniforms per year.
- Workers benefit from an enhanced gratuity split of 70 per cent, up from the previous 60 per cent.
- Additional new language addresses time limits for filing arbitration, a list of agreed-to arbitrators, and procedure for identifying discipline meetings prior to the meeting.
- The employer will pay for the cost of meetings rooms, for printing the collective agreement and up to three days’ wages for the Negotiating Committee.
Union Negotiating Committee: Sandra Gojdas, Kim Reeves, Union Rep Marilyn Lang and Chief Negotiator Chris Fuller.