New contract at Tetreault’s Valu Mart
November 24, 2010
On November 11, 2010, the 50 retail workers at Tetreault’s Valu Mart in Belle River secured a new collective agreement. Over the term of the ratified four-year contract, workers will see improvements such as:
- Full-time workers at the end rate receive:
- A wage increase of 25 cents per hour in the first year with retroactive pay for hours worked back to August 28, 2010.
- Subsequent increases paid as a lump sum of $300 in the second year and $500 in the third year.
- A wage increase of 25 cents per hour in the fourth year.
- Part-time workers at the end rate receive:
- An increase of 20 cents per hour with retroactive pay for hours worked back to August 28, 2010.
- A lump sum payment of $185 in the second year and $250 in the third year.
- A wage increase of 20 cents per hour effective the fourth year of the contract term.
- Part-time workers scheduled in the cash office in the absence of a full-time cash office employee, will receive a shift premium of 20 cents per hour for those hours.
- Over the course of the contract, the employer will make two lump sum payments, of $250 for full-time and $125 for part-time, to be used toward a personal RRSP.
- Workers required to wear safety shoes will be reimbursed up to $50 per year for the purchase of such shoes.
- Enhance language addresses the ‘no discrimination’ policy, hours of work and overtime, steward representation, and health and safety.
Union Negotiating Committee: Cindy Crate, Linda Prestyko and Union Rep Julie Johnston.