Contract ratified by community care workers
November 30, 2010 at 9:06pm
Health care providers at the Vera M. Davis Community Care Centre in Bolton voted on a 29-month negotiated agreement at a meeting held November 29, 2010. The 68-member bargaining unit secures the following:
- All wage rates increase by 7 per cent over the term of the contract with the first increase of 3 per cent retroactive for all hours worked since June 1, 2009 and the second increase retroactive for hours worked since November 26, 2009.
- Shift premiums for evening, afternoon and night shifts increases by 5 cents per hour.
- New Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) and Adult Day Support Worker classifications have been added to the wage grid.
- Layoff protocol will see part-time laid off prior to any full-time workers being laid off.
- Improved language establishes that sickness, injury or approved absence now counts toward overtime entitlements.
Union Negotiating Committee: Jane Busby, Lorraine Jennings, Sinceray McCabe and Union Rep John DiFalco.