Bunge Canada workers ratify
- Wages increase by 2 per cent in year one, retroactive to November 1, 2010 and 2.5 per cent in both years two and three.
- Shift premiums increase to 65 cents per hour for the 3 – 11 p.m. shift, 75 cents per hour for both the 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. – 7 a.m. shifts.
- Maintenance employees required to be on call receive a premium of $18 per weekday and $28 on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pension benefits improve over the term of the contract.
- Life Insurance coverage increases to $70,000 over the term of the contract and sick pay benefits will increase each year of the contract through the negotiated across-the-board wage increases.
- Vision care coverage increases to $200 per two-year period, up from $195, effective January 1, 2011.
- Workers receive hearing aid coverage to a maximum of $700.
- The supplemental health expense three-year cap increases to $11,000, up from $10,000, effective January 1, 2012.
- The annual Maintenance tool allowance increases to $250 in 2011 and to $260 in 2013. The Production tool allowance improves to $100 per year as of 2011.
- The worker’s clothing allowance increases to $200 per year, up from $190, effective 2011.
- Language improvements address overtime, layoffs, call-ins, laundry and job postings
Union Negotiating Committee: Richard Bye, Dennis Packham, Craig Ruscinski, Chuck Smith and Central West Director Luc Lacelle.