Members at Home Hardware ratify
December 15, 2010 at 9:30pm
Bargaining unit members working at Ken O’Connor Building Materials (Home Hardware) in Gananoque met on December 13, 2010 to discuss the terms of their negotiated settlement. The three-year contract includes:
- All rates and progressions receive an increase of 2 per cent in each year of the contract.
- Those workers above the top rate receive 2.5 per cent in the first year and 2 per cent in each of the following two years.
- The company’s contribution rate toward the health & welfare plan premium increases to 70 per cent and workers benefit from an additional sick day.
- Bereavement leave entitlement improves.
- New language strengthens the health & safety provisions in the workplace.
Union Negotiating Committee: Derek Preston and Union Rep Paul Hardwick.