New Edinburgh members approve new contract
- Wages increase by 2 per cent retroactive for hours worked since January 1, 2010 with a subsequent increase of 1 per cent on January 1, 2011 and another 1 per cent in July 2011.
- Registered Nurses & Registered Practical Nurses (RN/RPNs) receive a wage adjustment of 10 cents per hour retroactive to July 1, 2010 and another 10 cents per hour in July 2011.
- Workers benefit from a new vision plan that provides the insured with $120 toward glasses/contact lenses per 24-month period and $60 toward an eye exam per 24-month period.
- Contributions to the workers’ pension plan increase by 5 cents per hour effective September 2011.
- Improved language addresses grievance procedure, arbitration, bereavement leave, hours of work and vacation.
Union Negotiating Committee: Fadime Keskin, Darlene Munro, Servicing Rep Jacques Niquet and Union Rep Paul Hardwick.