Friendly Manor members meet to ratify
- Wages increase for all rates and classifications by 2 per cent, retroactive to January 1, 2010 and by 1 per cent in January 2011.
- Company contributions toward the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP) increase by 7 cents per hour worked effective January 1, 2011.
- The employer will pay 8 per cent, instead of 7 per cent toward the workers’ Benefit Plan premiums and the employee’s contributions increase to 3.5 per cent, up from 3 per cent.
- New language regarding a Joint Labour Management Committee provides the opportunity for workplace issues to be resolved regarding aggressive resident behaviour and policies.
- The company has agreed to not reduce the number of full-time employees on staff as of December 2009.
- Health & safety language establishes provisions for transportation of injured workers, an infection control program and informing workers of residents with serious infection diseases.
- On April 28, the Day of Mourning, members will observe a minute of silence at 11 a.m.
Union Negotiating Committee: Lucy Bedore, Bruce Hardiman, Cathy Prevost and Union Rep Marilyn Lang.