Members vote yes on new Ray Plastics contract
- Overall the total monetary compensation improves by between 3.5 per cent and 6.8 per cent per year. This includes:
- Wage increases of 25 cents per hour in the first year, 30 cents in the second year and 30 cents in the third year. The first increase is retroactive to the expiration of the previous contract.
- Increased company contributions toward the workers’ benefits and dental plan.
- Improved company contribution rate of 38 cents per hour, up from 25 cents, toward the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP).
- New language addresses Union Representative visitation, bereavement leave, paid holidays and seniority.
Union Negotiating Committee: Vinay Gaur, Rachel Gilgeous, Doolari Sheorattan and Union Rep Anthony DiMaio.