New Deal For ADM Milling Co.
ADM Milling Co. in Mississauga ratified a new four-year collective agreement on April 1, 2011. Members will each receive $500 on top of increased wages. In 2012, workers will be covered under the new General Hourly Benefits. Other benefits include:
- Reimbursement for safety shoes is now $120 up from $100
- RRSP: Company will match up to 5% of an employee’s 6% contribution (effective September 1, 2011)
- Wages: $500 and a 1% increase for 2011 and 2012 and 2% in 2013.
- Also additional wage adjustments for relief miller, operator, sweeper, of $.50 for 2010, $.25 for 2011, and $.50 for 2012 and for maintenance workers $.75 for 2010, $.50 for 2011, and $.75 for 2011. Additional wage adjustments of $.25 for 2010, $.25 for 2011 and $.25 for 2012 for temporary workers.
- A new pension plan in 2012. All workers on the seniority list will be grandfathered under the current pension plan and will continue to accrue service.
Negotiating Committee members consisted of Albert Hill, Fernando Pimentel, Matt Davenport Union Representative and Luc Lacelle Regional Director.