Members at Big Wax ratifiy
June 6, 2011 at 3:47pm
The members working at Big Wax met on May 31, 2011 and ratified a new three-year collective agreement. Highlights of the new deal include:
- Workers receive a $250 lump sum payment effective ratification and a subsequent $250 lump sum in April 2012.
- In the third year of the deal workers receive a rate increase of 30 cents per hour.
- Vision coverage, effective April 2012, provides $200 coverage per 24-month period.
- The workers’ receive a safety shoe allowance of $100 per year.
- Dental coverage will be based on the Ontario Dental Association 2010 scale.
Union Negotiator: Union Rep Linval Dixon.