Kenora retail grocery workers ratify
- Full-time receive a lump sum payment of $325 and part-time workers receive lump sums of $300 for those with five years’ service or more, $250 for 3-5 years’ service, $125 for 1-3 years’ service and those with less than one year of service receive $75.
- All employees on the payroll as of ratification receive an increase of 25 cents per hour effective July 2012.
- New Health & Safety language establishes provisions for a joint health & safety committee, schedules for inspections and training for committee members.
- Improved language provides for one additional steward to represent the workers.
- Additional language addresses the closure/conversion of the current store as it pertains to hiring and seniority.
Union Negotiating Committee: Debbie Creed, Joe Hill and Union Rep Dean McLaren.