New contract for Liberté warehouse workers
August 9, 2011 at 4:57pm
The more than 50 warehouse workers at Liberté Natural Foods in Brampton had a ratification vote on July 10, 2011. Members voted in favour of the three-year deal, which includes the following:
- Wages improve by 2 per cent per year of the contract term with the first increase retroactive to January 1, 2011.
- In addition, all active full-time employees as of date of ratification receive a lump sum payment of $550.
- Vision care coverage is now provided for workers at $100 per 24-month period.
- After five years of service, sick days for workers increase from five to six days.
- Workers now benefit from the representation of three Union stewards, up from the previous two.
- Other language improvements address premiums, overtime, part-time and temporary workers, and health and safety.
Union Negotiating Committee: Mike Conforzi, Graham Jordan and Union Rep Matt Davenport.