Four-year contract ratified by Minute Maid members
The 110 unionized employees at Minute Maid in Peterborough achieved a new four-year agreement on September 10, 2017.
Bargaining required conciliation to address wage and language issues in the contract. The Union Negotiating Committee secured the continuation of the employees’ health benefit plan, as well as the following improvements:
- Wages improve for both full and part-time by $1.70 per hour over the contract term.
- All employees receive a lump sum payment of $1,000 in the first year.
- Members receive increases to the boot allowance and freezer wear allowance.
- Maintenance workers receive an increased allowance for the purchase of tools.
- New language addresses cross-training and job postings.
Union Negotiating Committee: Paul Handy, Tom Hughes, Steven Scott, Mary Sherk, Greg Waudby, and Union Rep Mona Bailey.