Celebrating family, community, & Labour Day in Ottawa.
Update: Thanks to your generosity, we were able to raise $3650.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada and lifesaving research.
The good, warm weather held out for the unofficial last day of summer, and lots of Members came out to enjoy BBQ and fun times at Westboro Beach in Ottawa.
In addition to BBQ treats, there were Snow Kones, popcorn, and ice cream too. While some people swam, others played games like Blongo Ball on the beach. Kites were also popular toys with many people, too! Thank you to our volunteers and helpers, and to everyone who participated! It was amazing to see so many members and your families enjoy a great day at the beach with good food and amazing company.
A special thanks goes to the Stewards who volunteered for the day!
- Marilyn Wiggins & Karen Moon, Loblaws 1051
- Tyler Colwell & Ross Fraser, Metro Cumberland
- Ala Aby-Zeyada, Food Basics Cyrville Road
- Darcy Middleton, Loblaws 1082
- Ozren Elezovic, Lord Lansdowne Retirement Residence
Your Union Community Action Network committee is comprised of the following staff and Executive Board Members:
- Co-Chairs: Angela Mattioli & Chris Fuller
- E-Board VPs: Bryan Braithwaite, Pathmarajah Jamesantony, Lynn Jillings, Carolyn Levesque, Jose Martiniano, Doug Mulder, & Kimberley White.