October 15 – 19, 2018
This course is open to all Members of UFCW Locals 175 & 633.
Please fill out the form below. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2018
Course content includes:
- Why do workers organize?
- History & Structure of our Local Union and the Labour Movement
- The role of Stewards & Grievance Handling
- An Introduction to Collective Bargaining
- Health & Safety
- A Local on the move; Benefits; Youth Scholarships; Education Programs;
- Why our Local Union is the Leader in Communications & Educational Programs
This course takes place at the Training & Education Centre in Mississauga. The Local Union covers the cost of the course, materials and instruction, as well as the members’ lost wages, per diems, transportation costs, and accommodations as per Local Union policies.