Aramark workers ratify
- Wages increase in the first year by 65 cents per hour for full-time dietary aides, 67 cents per hour for part-time aides, 65 cents per hour for full-time cooks and $3.57 per hour for part-time cooks.
- Subsequent wage increases are 30 cents per hour in both the second and third year of the contract for all classifications.
- The senior cook on shift will receive a premium of $1 per hour for hours worked in charge when management is not in the building.
- Both part and full-time are eligible to join the Group RRSP plan and contribute up to 1 per cent of their base wages per pay. For full-time workers who participate, the company will contribute 1.5 per cent of the worker’s base wage as well
- Workers receive a safety footwear allowance of $40 per 12-month period.
- The company will contribute $300 toward the Local 175 Training & Education Fund.
- Family Day is added as a paid holiday.
- New language provides for 100% paid certification training for those on employed as of January 1, 2010 and 50% paid training for those still without certification as of February 1, 2011.
- New provisions establish a pay equity committee, provide for a grievance and arbitration procedure and improve bereavement leave entitlement.
Union Negotiating Committee: Sue Bowell, Kelly Lambe and Union Rep Emmanuelle Lopez.