First contract for Fin-Aire workers
- All rates increase by 2 per cent in year one, 2 per cent in year two, 2.25 per cent in the third year and 2.75 per cent in the final year of the contract term.
- In addition to Statutory Holidays, each employee will receive one floater day per year, effective February 2012.
- Workers receive one day paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of their child.
- Bereavement entitlement provides three days paid leave for the death of an immediate family member and one day paid leave for the death of an in-law family member.
- The company will reimburse workers up to $75 per year for the purchase of safety boots.
- Employee health and welfare benefits will be maintained at the current level with no addition cost to the employees.
- Language addresses procedure for layoff, leaves of absence, health and safety provisions, hours of work and overtime.
Union Negotiating Committee: Gary Hawke and Union Rep Paul Hardwick.