Empire Maintenance workers approve three-year deal
The approximately 30 members of the Empire Maintenance bargaining unit have a new three-year collective agreement following a ratification vote held March 9, 2010.
- Wages increase by between 2 per cent and 5 per cent in each year of the contract term.
- Full-time employees with one year of service will now be entitled to four paid sick days per year. Part-time with one year of service and a minimum of 16 hours per week are eligible for two sick days per year.
- Family Day is now included as a paid holiday and new language provides two personal days leave per year for those employees with at least one year of service.
- Improved language addresses job filling and seniority.
- The company will contribute $250 per year toward the Local 175 Leukemia Fund.
Union Negotiating Committee: Raquel Ramirez and Union Rep Angela Mattioli.