CFB Trenton resource workers ratify
Members of the bargaining unit at the Trenton Military Family Resource Centre, located at CFB Trenton, approved a new three-year collective agreement at a meeting held March 22, 2010. The 50 workers achieve the following contract improvements:
- Workers receive wage increases of between 5 per cent and 7 per cent over the term of the contract including:
- All rates and classifications receive 1 per cent as of April 10, 2010, 2 per cent in the second year and another 2 per cent in the third year.
- A new 72-month wage grid includes an additional 2 per cent increase for Levels 9 and 10 classifications.
- Part-time workers receive two discretionary days per year effective April 1, 2010. This increases to three days in year two and four days in the third year of the contract term.
- New language permits the use of bereavement entitlement within 30 days following the death.
- Workers receive an additional float day, which may be used for Family Day.
- Health and safety language improvements address the H&S Committee, training, inspections, injuries, stoppage of work, hazardous substances and injured workers.
Union Negotiating Committee: Megan Laprade, Elizabeth Nicholas and Union Rep Marilyn Lang.