New contract for Canada Catering workers
On August 13, 2010, the bargaining unit at Canada Catering (formerly Lewis Foods) in Burlington, ratified a three-year collective agreement.
- Workers receive a lump sum of $250 in the first year and, in addition to increases across the board, the end rate increases by 1.5 per cent in the second year and 2 per cent in the third year.
- New language establishes clear No Discrimination policy.
- Family Day has been added as a paid holiday.
- Company contributions to the workers’ health and welfare plan increase to $204 per month effective December 2010, $215 per month in 2011 and $227 per month in 2012.
- Employer contributions to the workers’ dental plan increase to 46 cents per hour effective July 1, 2010.
- The company will contribute $250 toward the Local 175 Training & Education Fund.
Union Negotiating Committee: Catherine Hammond, Suzanne Rozon and Union Rep Sam Caetano