Worker at BFI ratify 3-year contract
- Wages increase across the board by 3 per cent in each year of the collective agreement.
- Vision care coverage increases to $300 per 24-month period plus up to $75 toward an eye exam.
- Grandchildren have been added to the clause providing three day’s bereavement leave.
- Improved Health & Safety language states that any incidents will be investigated by the employer as soon as possible and within three days of the occurrence.
- Language for new job postings now allows for a 30-day trial period for the company and employee.
- If the employer requests a medical certificate/doctor’s note, the employer will cover the cost.
Union Negotiating Committee: Harry Jenner, Chris Osborne, Ed Wammes and Union Rep Wendy Absolom.