CTCHC workers ratify
A three-year negotiated settlement has been reached between the bargaining unit at the Central Toronto Community Health Centres (CTCHC) in downtown Toronto and the employer. The workers ratified the new agreement on January 7, 2011.
- Important new language provides strong language for the duty to accommodate and allow for equal benefits for transgender, transsexual and gender variant employees.
- New language states the employer will establish policy and procedure to better protect the health & safety of the workers.
- Other important language establishes that the company will not contract out bargaining unit work.
- A three-month contract position will be posted for a Client Support Worker with further agreement to consider the creation of a permanent part-time position.
- Meal allowances increase to provides $10 for breakfast, $15 for lunch and $25 for dinner.
- Employees will be provided training by the employer on a number of relevant health care issues and each employee receives $700 and seven days with pay (pro-rated to FTE) per year for staff development.
- New language states that two UFCW Staff Representatives will attend the CTCHC Board of Directors meetings.
Union Negotiating Committee: Julianne Kingelin, Kinsey Lewis, Judy Tsao and Union Rep Angela Mattioli.