Dryden hospitality workers at the Best Western achieve new contract
Members working at the Best Western Dryden Motor Inn have ratified a new collective agreement.
This contract includes Pay Equity adjustments to several classifications:
- Front Desk Clerks rate increases by $4.08 per hour,
- Housekeeping Laundry rate increases by 90 cents per hour, and;
- Pool Room rate increases by 99 cents per hour.
Over the term of the contract, employees at all rates will see raises totalling $1.35 per hour.
In addition to regular increases, Senior Staff will receive a recognition adjustment in the following amounts:
- Five years’ service – 5 cents per hour
- 10 years’ service – 10 cents per hour
- 15 year’s service – 15 cents per hour
- 20 years’ service – 20 cents per hour
- 25 year’s service – 25 cents per hour.
The contract also includes Minimum Wage Gap language to ensure all rates stay ahead of any announced increases to the provincial minimum wage. Other language improvements address the sunset clause for discipline, and delayed internment under bereavement provisions.
The collective agreement, which members ratified on April 3, 2019, covers approximately 30 hospitality workers at the Best Western.
Union Negotiating Committee: Patti Cain, Kim Desautels, and Union Rep Tracy Stubbs.
In 2017, our members at the Best Western in Dryden were profiled as part of our Members at Work series. This feature included a number of members working in hospitality from across the North and North West parts of the province.