Members at Best Service Pros ratify yearly wage improvements
The members in Oshawa at Best Service Pros in the Oshawa Center ratified a new three-year deal on March 22, 2022. Wage increases are as follows: Year 1 – $0.80, Year 2 – $0.85 and Year 3 – $0.90. The handyman premium will increase from $1.50 to $2.00 per hour and the night premium from $0.75 to $1.00.
Language improvements include:
- increased boot allowance from $75.00 to $100.00
- increased bereavement from 3 to 4 days
- addition of a 6th week of vacation after 20 years at 12%
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation added to the list of holidays
- new language for JLM meetings (to address ongoing issues)
- pay cheque errors will be paid by electronic transfer
- extensive health and safety language will be added
The employer will pay 50% of the printing costs for the agreement, 50% for meeting rooms for negotiations and the contribution to Training and Education fund will increase from $100 to $150.
Union Negotiating Committee: Jeff Kellar, Kirk McKee, Jeff Winstanley and Union Rep: Christina Mayberry.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.