Taste of Nature in Markham has ratified a new two-year deal
Members in Markham working at Taste of Nature Inc. ratified a two-year agreement on July 7, 2022.
There will be an increase to the Packer rate of $.75 in Year 1 and a general wage increase of 3% to all workers in all classifications in Year 2. Members will also receive lump sum payments of: 0-2yrs of service $100, 2-5 years of service $200 and 5+ years $300. Evening production shift premium will be $1.00 and Night sanitation crew premium will be $1.50 increased from $0.35. A new “Production” Lead Hand premium will be introduced of $2.00/hr.
Other language improvements include:
- Boot allowance increase from $100 to $150,
- Extra week vacation at 15 years of service paid at 10%,
- NEW- Stewards to receive 15 minutes with new hire,
- The two float days in each year will no longer be plant mandated for shutdowns and members can use them for personal reasons and paid out if not used.
- Members are permitted to save one day paid bereavement to be used for a delayed funeral or spring interment. To be used within six months.
Union negotiating committee: Jin Fen Rita Huang and Kiritharan Kulasingam. Union Rep: Sacha Edey.
See more negotiation updates from the industrial food sector, including beverage production.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.
Read the most recent issue of Checkout online, or find issues going back 20 years!