Executive Aviation members secure benefits for part-time workers and guarantees in end rates
The members at Executive Aviation in Sudbury ratified a three-year agreement on February 13, 2023. The new agreement includes the introduction of minimum wage plus language for end rates of pay with increases for Ground handlers of $.60 at ratification retroactive to date of expiry and additional increases in 2023 – $.30 and 2024 – $.30. There will also now be a Lead Hand grid with rates of MW+ $1.70 at date of ratification, 2023 – MW+ $1.80 and in 2024 – MW+ $2.00.
Part time workers will now be eligible to enroll in the benefit plan on a 50/50 cost share basis.
Other language improvements include:
- Increase footwear allowance to $100 per year up from $75
- Increase to the Training and Education Fund to $140 annually, up from $125.
- Steward time off language added – two times per year unpaid.
- Language added re: Seniority, where dates are the same, hours worked will be determining factor for senior person.
- New – The employer will pay 50% for meeting rooms for negotiations.
Union negotiating committee: Julien Boulard. Union Representative: John Beaton
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.