What are my rights as a Union worker?
May 11, 2018 at 11:55am
As a unionized worker who is a member at UFCW Locals 175 & 633, you have the right to:
- Have a Union Steward present at any discipline meeting with your employer.
- Just Cause protection, which means you cannot be fired without a justifiable reason
- File a grievance (formal complaint) if the employer violates a part of your collective agreement.
- Have input on bargaining for your collective agreement.
- Vote on your contracts and Union bylaws and policies, and participate in Union meetings.
- Benefit from the provisions of your collective agreement and know the Union will hold your employer accountable.